[rescue] AS/400 question

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 19:56:17 CDT 2003

--- Mike Hebel <nimitz at speakeasy.net> wrote:

> And why don't they publish the CISC ones?  Don't they _want_ outside
> apps written for it.... *blink* Duhh....nevermind...

They don't want apps written at that level, they want them written in
higher-level (read licensed) languages, allowing them to alter/optimize
the hardware in a box without obsoleting the software that runs on it.
This kind of abstraction allowed them to replace the System 3X systems
with the AS/400.

=====
Lionel