[rescue] s/390 on ebay

vance at neurotica.com vance at neurotica.com
Thu Jun 5 02:44:06 CDT 2003

It's just the CPU.  Nothing else.  Plus, he gives no information.  That
could be one of several systems.  He should give the model number.  It
could be worth $5K, but only if it was uninstalled by IBM with the proper
care.  It sure doesn't look like it.  Also, where did he get the 600V
figure for the power supply?  Every S/390 I've ever seen (and I've seen
quite a few) runs on 208V 3-phase.  I've *heard* of ones being powered by
480.

Peace...  Sridhar