[rescue] Re: [SunHELP] Help with RAID

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jun 5 01:25:29 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 02:18:17AM -0400, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 12:18:07AM -0400, Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. wrote:
> > Ummm... everywhere I've ever done this, you create either two stripes
> > which you then mirror, or two concats and then mirror.... I've never
> > heard of someone concatenating a bunch of little mirrors...
>
> Concating mirrors obviously makes no sense.  Striping mirrors does.
> Think about it.

Actually, I suppose that on a little further thought, having mirrors as
the elements of a concat makes no particular less sense than having
mirrors be the elements of a stripe.  It's just that, well ... making a
concat makes little sense when you could make a stripe.  :)

(On the other hand, I suppose I can see using a concat if you have a
bunch of little odd-size chunks of disk that you want to make something
usable-size out of.)