[rescue] while on the subject of axis print servers...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jun 4 00:11:27 CDT 2003

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    HPPCL is what most HP printers use.  HPGL is the vector-oriented
> plotter language. (which is actually *nice* compared to HPPCL!)

HP PCL is a slightly-passable refinement of the escape-code printing
control systems of the bad old days.  You can easily see where it tries
to emulate them IBM ProPrinter.

HPGL is a really neat language, and PS just blows them all away.  After
hacking around in PostScript ever now and again for the last few months,
I shudder to think that I used to have a PCL priner on my desk.  It's
just so astounding how much of the rasterization PCL offloads onto the
host system.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren