[rescue] while on the subject of axis print servers...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Tue Jun 3 21:23:09 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003, at 09:14 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> --- phoetoid <phoetoid at pyrospheric.net> wrote:
>
>> when I send a print job to it, it turns the printer into a
>> machine gun of paper, and each page only has one or two
>> ASCII characters on it....any ideas why that might be?
>
> Dumb question - are you sending postscript to a non-postscript printer?

That might do it.  Although sometimes you just get a sheet of text with
the Postscript header at the top.

> Nice description, BTW... ;^)

And very familiar to people who've ever worked with Dec dot-matrix
printers.  Decwriter III's shoot paper at an ungodly rate of speed for
their size. (0)

Mike

(0) BTW - I have two Decwriter III printers for local pickup only - zip
60014.
Too heavy to ship and welded frames so they can't be disassembled.

I also have three old Sparcprinters if somebody wants those.  No cards
or cables though - they do power up and have cartridges in them.  Again,
local pickup only.

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655