[rescue] Trying to figure out a rescued HP 4000T printer

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Jun 3 08:28:57 CDT 2003

I have access to most of these service manuals if you need them.  Is
their a black plastic paper cassette paper detector that dips down into
the paper tray present?... It would trip properly if the unit was
tilted back approximately 45 degrees.... if not it needs to be
replaced.  (Just looked at ours) 4000TN... Ours has a strange problem
that nobody feels like fixing... a continuous 13.1 (I think) jam if
Paper is present in paper tray 3 even though it defaults to 2 and uses
2.  If you leave tray 3 empty it prints fine.

Andrew