[rescue] Re: It really sucks ....

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Jun 3 03:37:08 CDT 2003

>> D3349B trays are used on almost all the Netservers.  Just buy a few old
>> drives (smallest were about 2GB for the hot swap trays).  You could
>> even buy broken disks on the cheap.  D3349B's are quite common, but I
>> can't find a price in Partsurfer for them so I'm not sure what we could
>> get them from HP for.  The non hot swap trays are $55 @ so I bet they
>> aren't worth it at HP prices.
>
>D3349B sounds like the part number I found, yeah.  Last time I looked
>they were around $100 each.  I'll admit it hadn't occurred to me to look
>for HP *drives* still in their trays.  I'll give it a shot, if I can
>find the right drive part numbers.  Thanks for the suggestion!
>
>Partsurfer, huh?   I'll have to take a look at -- or for -- that ....

You can access partsufer at http://partsurfer.hp.com/

Partsurfer is basically an on-line database of HP parts. It is a great tool but is very picky about the format you use for entering partnumbers. Unfortunately this 'pickyness' is hard to explain, the more you use it the more you'll understand how to coax info out of it.

Another really useful place for HP system info & support is the internet resource centre forums at http://forums.itrc.hp.com/

Regards,

Gavin