[rescue] It really sucks ....

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Mon Jun 2 14:57:04 CDT 2003

Be sure that the connector is SCA... just because it is the same
physical connector does not mean that it is the same wiring.

The connector used in SGI Indigo2 systems is the same physical connector
as SCA, but all my research on the net seems to indicate it is wiried
differently.....

If you plug an SCA drive into that array on an SCA connector extender
and you don't make sure that it is correct, expect something to let out
the magic smoke...

-- Curt

>Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:45:08 -0400 (EDT)
>From: andycadd at earthlink.net
>To: The Rescue List <rescue at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: RE: [rescue] It really sucks ....
>
>I've found a partial solution now I need the supplier.
>
>my SAG array holds 20 trays I own none.
>The tray takes a 68 pin drive but plugs into the backplane
>with an 80(SCA), the plugs are recessed slightly or I would simply plug a 80
pin drive in direct.

>Rather than relieve the metal backplane to allow the drive
>full contact with the connector I'm looking for an 80 pin extender M-F.
>
>I found Circuit Associates manufactures them
>I need to find a distributor.
>
>Retaining the drive is next but the screw holes in the sides of the drive line
up with the slides in the case I'll rig a simple bracket and make 40 or so.