An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Thu Jul 31 15:12:38 CDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 12:50:45PM -0700, Daniel de Young wrote:
> I've reached the point where I'm sick to death of HR departments
> scheduling interviews almost completely based on string searches for
> certs.
[...]
> If CISSP, GSEC, CCNP doesn't interest them enough to where they'll
> actually take a look at my resume... then I don't know what will...

"Will work for free. do double shifts, and detail the HR manager's car
 twice a week on my own time" perhaps?

Seriously, I really have the impression that right now, unless you're
in the top 5% of your specialty and willing to take a 40% pay cut from
your last job and relocate at your own expense, your resume goes
directly to the shredder.  Do not pass Go, do not collect a "Thank you
for applying" letter.