An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Jul 31 12:12:34 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 02:48 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo
+1.717.201.3366 wrote:
> Actually they don't, if you install the "new" firmware... they are
> only good out to about 2 miles.  Cisco "upgraded" the software, after
> 2 miles the signal timings are out of whack.  However if you can get
> the old stuff, yes it will go to 25 miles line of sight.

Any idea which firmware number this is?  I have a line on
some Aeronet gear, possibly for cheaper than ePay prices, and
want to make sure I am not shooting myself in the foot.

(I bet they did that firmware upgrade b/c the FCC has been
cracking down on wireless connections running "hotter" than
FCC limits.)

=Nadine=