[rescue] Re: IOS

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Wed Jul 30 17:11:40 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, July 30, 2003, at 02:48 PM, Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:24:02PM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
>> TGV Software (provided
>> DSL software for the majority of DSL connection products).
>
> And don't forget TGV MultiNet, the IP stack for VMS. 8-)

Oh, yeah, forgot about that.  I wonder if they are the ones
who wrote the huge TCP/IP stack for the PlayStation that
Sony contracted with Cisco for (8MB resident--when the I/O
processor on the stock PS2 is 2MB--you think maybe they only
handed them a functional spec?).

> So, Combinet was the ones who made the crap that Cisco sold as the
> 7xx-series ISDN hardware?

Likely so.  I have a whole crap-load of them from when I was
working there.  (You rescuers would love 10 minutes in the labs
when they are doing "clean up" week that goes to the scrap
recyclers. ;-)

The problem with Silicon Valley is that almost every city has
ordinances prohibiting trespass, so you have to be very careful
about dumpster diving.  Almost every large corporation around here
has a private security patrol to boot, and the San Jose police
are bored.  I'd love to get a look in the dumpsters behind the
Sony repair depot about a mile from my house.

=Nadine=