An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jul 30 14:54:01 CDT 2003

"From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at celestrion.net>
"
"How is HDSL different from ADSL?  I know that it is 1.5 both ways, but
"other than that?  I'm within 20k feet of my CO, and they refuse to give
"me 640k or 1.5mbit ADSL service.

adsl piggybacks on your pots pairs; it uses modem-like modulation
above the voice band to carry the data.  hdsl uses its own wires and a
more direct digital modulation.