An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Joshua Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Wed Jul 30 14:26:58 CDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

<snip>

> But they still offer T-1's way out of range (physically) for DSL service.
> Do they run real lines for that?

As far as I know the answer is no.  They use repeaters to extend the
range.  The last t-1 we had a work was about 32,000 feet from the CO and
it was hdsl line with at least one repeater in the line.  I know that
the t-1 had at least one repeater because it got fried at one point and we
lost the t-1 until they replaced the repeater.

			josh