An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jul 30 12:51:05 CDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> All this talk makes me want to order a T1 and find out what I'd get.
> They deny that they have the ability to offer me any sort of DSL.

Speaking from experience with Southwestern Hell, they'd probably drag
a 25-pair out to your place and charge you more than a year's rent in
build-out and local loop fees.  And then, then you moved, and wanted
your PTP T1 relocated, they'd move the 25-pair and stick it to you
again.

And, mind you, this was IN TOWN, practically pissing distance from the
switch.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford