An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Joshua Snyder josh at imagestream.com
Wed Jul 30 11:52:29 CDT 2003

<snip>
>    Many "real" T1s are delivered that way anyway.  I had one (an"real,
> official" T1) at my old house back in 1997 or so that was delivered
> that way.
>
>             -Dave

I have never seen a t-1 delivered via anything but a hdsl line.  I once
asked a guy who worked for the telephone company about it, he said that he
had not installed a real t-1 since 1992.  Generally it easier for the phone
company to just bring in a dsl line.  From what he was telling me if you
ran a real t-1 you could only put one in 100 pair bundle without causing
problems.  He thought running t-1's over hdsl lines was a great thing.  I
guess it has really cut back on the amount of build-outs that they have to
do to provide t-1 service.

			josh