[rescue] Total corporate madness (

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 30 02:21:23 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:45:46AM -0400, Thomas Gallaway wrote:
> 30 * Zip 250 drives brand new boxed
> 15 * Cabletron Roamabout wireless access points
> 10 * Cabletron Roamabout 802.11 wireless pcmcia cards 128bit (original
> boxed)
> 10 * 9gb Scsi drives. few SCA few 68pin brand new
> 6 * GBit fiber cards
> Ton's of cabletron router cards gbit and 10/100
> 2 * Compaq P3 500mhz server's
> 1 * Compaq Armada laptop

DUDE.  I want access to your dumpster.  :)  I'm waiting with bated
breath for the *full* list of l00t.

What might it take to get a couple of those Zip250s out of you?  Zip is
pretty obsolete in these days of almost-ubiquitous CD-RW drives, but the
Zip250 is still handy sometimes for house-to-house sneakernet.

ObOpinion:
I still think the industry should have ditched the 3.5" 2MB floppy in
favor of Zip or LS120 six or seven years ago.  2MB floppies -- 1.44MB
formatted -- were about as much use even then as tits on a boar.  Of the
two, the Zip was faster, but LS120 offered backward compatibility.  (It
also didn't help that Iomega was in public denial over the Zip "click of
death" problem.)  But now, I think the time for even that is past.  The
useful-size window of removable media has left both of them standing on
the sidelines.