An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 28 23:55:11 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 12:48 AM, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>>> Not much of a friend, that person.
>>
>>   Exactly.  "Kickbacks will get you everywhere."  I am STILL pissed
>> off
>> about that.
>
> Justifiably so, expecially in these days of tight allocations.

   Bullshit, not in this case.  That /24 was *mine*, legally and
properly registered, and well-used.  I had it routed down a different
pipe to get to my house; another friend did it for me as a favor as he
was running the network at the other end of the pipe to my house.  A
while later, another guy took over that network, and decided to give
the /24 away.  He did it to a bunch of us who had our networks routed
through there.

        -Dave