An ISP of their own (was RE: [rescue] Being jobless)

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Mon Jul 28 13:05:03 CDT 2003

On Monday, July 28, 2003, at 12:57 PM, vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
>
>>> Suggestion: check how many houses you can see from the top of your
>>> house.  Consider offering high-speed wireless for those folks.  Buy a
>>> DSL and a cable modem connection for yourself, then NAT everybody and
>>> charge less.
>>
>> Might want to make sure it is a business service you buy at a minimum,
>> or else your asking for trouble.
>
>> From a "terms and conditions" standpoint, or from a technical
>> standpoint?

Both.  SBC here jumps harder for us since we're paying the $85/month
for business class service and 5 statics.  In truth we can probably run
anything but pr0n and file sharing.  Although I bet they would probably
raise eyebrows at Freenet nodes.

Mike Hebel

--
Medieval Combat anyone? http://www.kingsofchaos.com/page.php?id=694655