[rescue] Being jobless

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Jul 28 11:25:46 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 09:12:31AM -0700, Phillip Hale wrote:
> put me in the group of jobless individuals also...anyway i worked at an ISP
> here in san diego CA. and they have very low COLO rates...CariNet-now called
> colosave- http://www.colosave.com ...but it doesn't matter how low you get
> hosting for($200.00/month), if your broke your broke, right?

Actually, I've seen much lower prices than colosave's out here in the
southeast.  I've been seriously considering this myself, if I could come
up with enough starting business to cover costs.  I have this E3000
sitting here doing nothing, that would sit quite nicely in a half
cabinet, after all.

The wireless-ISP idea for customers outside current broadband coverage
has been something my wife and I have been thinking about, too, but we
haven't yet come up with a good solution to the problem of getting
wireless broadband coverage out to customers who may be quite widely
separated.  I know of solutions using a satellite mini-dish that can get
802.11 out as far as ten miles, but those are pretty much point-to-point
solutions.