[rescue] sgi onyx cpu upgrade help

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sat Jul 26 14:23:36 CDT 2003

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003, Thomas Gallaway wrote:

> Err as far as I remember you need to load the 64bit kernel on the
> IP25's to get it to boot.

There's always the option of pulling unix.IP25 off the installation disc
and copying it to the / slice as /unix under sash.  I've never tried
that, but it might work.

Personally?  I'd reinstall, if I didn't have the OS rev handy on CD.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "We're Texans.  We figure out ways to do these
Elgin, TX          (    things..."                    --Bill Bradford