[rescue] ibook disassembly

Mike Hebel nimitz at nimitzbrood.com
Fri Jul 25 21:15:21 CDT 2003

On Friday, July 25, 2003, at 09:07 PM, N.Miller wrote:

> I was thinking about this, but then I realized that the frosted
> clear part of the bezel was rubbing against the aluminum reflector
> behind it, and any paint on the inside would get scratched up,
> making it look worse.  I think putting a die cut vinyl insert
> in there would be better, but since I'm going to probably sell
> it, that's more investment (time/money) than I want to make.

That's why I suggested those guys.  They use the heavy clear-coat on
everything.  For resale though you're probably right.

> Those guys have some nice paint jobs.  Have you seen the Alien
> case?
>
> <http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/case_gallery.html>

I caught these guys a year ago or so when they appeared in a Slashdot
post about case mods.  Not bad.  I'm personally into making systems that
don't look like systems.  This one gives me ideas:

http://www.xkill.net/rcaslis/computers/Falcon/index.html

Or these guys under Deskop Hacks:

http://www.applefritter.com/hacks/index.html

=-)