[rescue] ibook disassembly

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Thu Jul 24 12:42:30 CDT 2003

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 05:40 AM, Mike Hebel wrote:
>> Having swapped a disk in a clamshell ibook for a friend, my only
>> advice
>> would be to throw the fucking thing away. You have to take the screen
>> off
>> to swap the disk?!?!
>
> Auugh!!!
> *covers his iBook's ears*
> You bad bad man!
> Nooo...Mike won't throw you away!  Mike likes his Firewire SE Graphite
> clamshell yes he does... Don't listen to the "Bad Man"...
> ;-)
> Mike
>
> P.S.  If Nadine listens to bad man my shipping info is...

Well, it's a Mac, why would you want to throw it in the
trash (ok, maybe I should say *power Mac* :-)?  I was
surprised at how snappy 10.2 is with only 192MB of RAM.

I made a profit on the Pismo, and got a machine I'd never
laid hands on before to fiddle with.  It's a only a Graphite
SE (no FW--that's why the guy wanted the Pismo); I'll probably
clean it up and sell it.  Debating on putting a bigger HD in
it before selling.  I might get a 40GB FBD to put in the Pismo
I still have and swap the 20GB into the iBook.

Anyone have suggestions for on-line laptop drive vendors?

=Nadine=