[rescue] Power consumption

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Mon Jul 21 19:10:11 CDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-07-21 at 18:49, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> Does anyone, by chance, have any kind of a metric for relative power
> consumption of a U1 vs. a U30?

When i plug my U1 in, it doesn't trip the circuit breaker.  I've heard
of other people plugging in u30's and not tripping circuit breakers, but
i haven't tried it myself, and i don't know if their circuits are 15A
like this one is.  If i have the Onyx, my fileserver, and a couple PC's
plugged in, then add the u1 the circuit breaker might trip, but it might
also do it without the u1, depending on disk activity of the machines
plugged in.  I plugged the ncube2 into the same circuit once, without
the onyx running, and the breaker didn't trip, but i'm sure it would if
the onyx was running.

If you followed all of that, you'll find that i gave you a completely
useless metric of relative power consumption of u1, and if you include
some hearsay, the u30.  You did say ANY KIND of metric.

	-Dan Sikorski