[rescue] ultra 1 with weird errors

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Jul 21 08:04:16 CDT 2003

> "Fast Data Access MMU Miss"

   I used to see that error message on Ultra 10s when trying to boot a
particular version of Solaris 2.6; instead, I needed to boot from an
"Operating Environment CD". But it doesn't look like an Ultra 1 problem:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/retrieve.pl?doc=fsrdb/20576.
   I see another doc that mentions a corrupt bootblock, too -- have you
investigated that? All the Sun reports mention a kernel that's trying to
access memory in the wrong place, often as the result of a bad crash, or an OS
installed onto a drive in one system that's simply moved to another system
that is a different model.
   Is your dutchman honest & forthright enough to tell you what really
happened to this computer? :7)
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt