[rescue] Somewhat OT: LDAP?

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 08:52:24 CDT 2003

I'm getting to the point where my current
method(brain) for remembering details about people
like email and telephone number is not going to work
much more due to the sheer number of details that I
need to remember. So I need some sort of PIM for
storing all of this information. But I do not want to
be locked into a proprietary solution that only works
on one machine, ideally I'd have all of my directory
information on a server on my network and be able to
access it from Win, Linux, Solaris, etc clients with
no problem. Will LDAP do what I want for this? If so,
can anyone recommend pointers to information or
alternatives.

Thanks
Mike