[rescue] need 3 older sparc boxes: recommendation?

Daniel de Young daniel at velvetsea.com
Sat Jul 19 00:31:22 CDT 2003

Does anybody have a favorite place to pick up older used sparc stuff?

I'm looking for 3 boxes; firewall, router, logger.  Some decent Sparc
20s would do nicely I'm sure, but if I can do better for $300/400 I
wouldn't complain.

I'd like to buy from a company with a decent rep who knows and tests the
equipment (excludes most on ebay).  I'll need them to throw a
couple extra ethernet cards in two of them.

Google returns a zillion hits.  Who's your favorite?

Oh, and I'm in N. California if there is a good "brick and mortar" shop
in the area.

Thanks,

Daniel