[rescue] UPS Recommendation

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 18 12:13:20 CDT 2003

> Scary, innit? You'd think they'd have learned by now.  Unfortunately, in
> the ears of people who can convince themselves for the right price that
> it's really not a problem, great dripping gobs of money speak louder
> than fact.

Didn't have the navy some sort of ship that was controlled (or run a lot
of systems) on windows, that could not leave dock literally due to
software errors?

How microshaft gets away with these things is beyond me. If I heard
another XP lover letting me know how stable XP is I am going to get
seriously mad, I point them out that an OS is NOT supposed to
freece/reboot, the fact that a OS is stable is not an achievement. Since
when normality has become exception?