[rescue] SS10 / SS20 Memory and SS10 or SS20 Clone?

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Fri Jul 18 09:20:38 CDT 2003

If this is a sparcengine 20 mainboard, it will look for all intensive
purposes almost entirely like a sparcstation 10 mainboard.  Not till
you get the two side by side and start analyzing the differences do
you realize it is NOT a Sparcstation 10 mainboard.

Look at all your oscilators, a Sparcengine 20 mainboard will have a
80 and 100 MHZ oscilator (and possibly a couple of others as well).
These correspond to 40 and 50 MHZ MBUS speeds.

(at least I think they are 80 and 100, not 40 and 50 MHZ Oscilators).

The 13W3 only appears on Sparcstation 10SX and SparcEngine 20 mainboards,
and given that SS20 clones (at least some of them) used SparcEngine 20
mainboards, I'd imagine that is what you have.

-- Curt