[rescue] E10k systems coming down in price

r.stricklin bear at typewritten.org
Thu Jul 17 23:55:18 CDT 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 09:34  PM, vance at neurotica.com wrote:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/
>> eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11215&item=3034767273
>
> Looks like it's in good condition.   I can't see if it has an SP
> switch in
> it though.  It looks like it's a piece of a system.  It might not be an
> entire system.

I doubt there's a switch in the system, even though I couldn't say for
absolute certain. I base this claim on the fact that none of the nodes
appear to have a switch board installed.

I saw this auction earlier and spent some time squinting at it (I have
a minor knack for extracting meaningful patterns from minimal data) and
can report its configuration with about 95% confidence as follows.

The two nodes at the top are High nodes (like the ones I advertised
recently). Up to 8 112 MHz PPC604 CPUs, dual MCA busses. The top one
has, from right to left, a 10base2 ethernet interface, two 10/100
interfaces, one wide SCSI, something unknown but unlikely a switch
board, two more wide SCSI, another 10/100, an FDDI DAS, and some more
unknown but likely wide SCSI boards. The bottom one has very little;
10base2, FDDI DAS, and three wide SCSI. Definitely no switch board in
that one.

In the middle are four thin nodes (66 MHz POWER2 IIRC). Ethernet
risers, 16/4 TR, FDDI SAS, and the bottom two appear to have several
wide SCSI between them.

Without the switch stuff, it really isn't that interesting.

ok
bear