[rescue] Todays Rescue

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Thu Jul 17 13:05:43 CDT 2003

Hello all,

  I've "rescued" my car full of stuff from ebay and other fellow
  rescuers. Beside the occasional PS/2 386 (ok, I admit I rather like
  old IBM MCA PCs) there are at least two more interesting things:

  1) Digital DECmate III (probably pretty useless unless I find the OS
     floppies somewhere

  2) HP Series 40 260 plus HP terminal, cables and two external
     tape/disk units: 9144 and 7957 (yup, I have the HPIB cable).

  Has anybody any info on the HP? Google turned up more or less
  blanks. By looking at the case I assumed it is a HP3000 system, but
  I'm not really sure about that.

  Good news about all the stuff is that everything has at least passed
  a rather short power-on test. No magic smoke, no completely dead
  items so far. :-)

Gerhard