[rescue] Indigo2 Musings

William Barnett-Lewis wlewis at mailbag.com
Thu Jul 17 11:47:29 CDT 2003

Well, I don't know enough about SGI to know if this was a good bad or
indifferent kind of thing, but I scored a teal Indigo2 with Extreme
graphics. I got it home and checked it out. The rest of it was:

R4400 w/ 1mb cache at 150mhz
96mb
cdrom
no disks, but both drive sleds

Being the kind of person I am, I pulled the Extreme card set and popped
in place of the Zx set in my R8000 Power Indigo2. Swapped out the little
plastic things on the front too. So now I have a Power Indigo2 Extream
with 256mb, cdrom, and 8 gb over 3 disks running 6.5.18. Pretty nifty to
me. So far this box has cost $85 in three separate purchases, but the
fun value has definately been worth it to me.

OTOH, I now have a teal R4400 with ZX graphics that is surplus to my
needs. $25 anyone? That includes the ram, cdrom, and sleds but I'd need
you to pay shipping or pick up.

I'm in Madison, WI.

William
relations, for nature cannot be fooled.
Feynman's Appendix to the Rogers Commission Report.