[rescue] comapq or dell??

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Thu Jul 17 09:46:26 CDT 2003

>> So, the firewall will be Gauntlet on an Ultra (2 maybe?) and the
>> database and app servers will be (yuk) Intel-style.
>

> Dude, seriously, stay away from Gauntlet.  It's going to be dead real
> soon now, the new vendor (SecureComputing) is trying to transition all
> the Gauntlet customers onto a new x86-based appliance.
>
> *sigh*

Sucks. I'll have to go with whatever firewall/proxy is in the setup
we're emulating. It's a Navy contractor site, and they use Gauntlet now.
We don't know what piece of s**t some government agency will decree is
best yet. The way things have been going, I expect to see some crappy NT
firewall...

*sigh* ^2

Steve