looking for intel mb [was: [rescue] comapq or dell??]

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Wed Jul 16 15:48:07 CDT 2003

"From: "Jonathan C. Patschke" <jp at celestrion.net>
"
"On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Steve Sandau wrote:
"
"> We're supposed to buy Dell stuff. I think Compaq is better if one is
"> *forced* to buy non-server servers.
"
"I disagree.  Dell will bite you in the ass on "special" parts (like
"drive brackets, and little OEM-invented FRUs) far less often than
"HewletDECompaqard.  Compaq also likes to make lots of their own parts,
"which makes compatibility a hell once Compaq thinks you need to upgrade.
"Dell mainly just rebadges stuff.

which reminds me -- i'm on the lookout for an intel db440fx mb.  i've
got this friend, see...

all these folks - yes, even noble hp, and also the likes of gateway -
used intel oem mb from time to time.  this is going back a few years
to the '97/98 time frame, but would anyone know how to find out which,
if any, used the db440fx?  it was in the lpx [ltx?] form factor with
the bus riser card, and it was intel's last in that line.  obviously
used the intel 440fx chipset, and took a slot 1 cpu.