[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Jul 16 15:53:15 CDT 2003

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 04:34:10PM -0400, vance at neurotica.com wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, r.stricklin wrote:
> > After I calmed down and subjected it to a more thorough inspection, the
> > final bill of health reported nothing more than a couple of minor scuffs
> > and the loss of the diopter adjustment in the viewfinder. I was
> > seriously impressed (and more than a little relieved).
>
> My father dropped his Olympus C-700 more than once to find it only
> scuffed.  I'm quite impressed with their build quality.

Yup, my D-500L's suffered a few drops, with nothing worse to show for it
than the loss of a small part of the plastic filter-thread ring.  (This
caused the lens cap to keep falling off, but the problem was easily
solved with the installation of a 43mm UV filter, something I'd delayed
far too long in doing anyway.)