[rescue] comapq or dell??

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Jul 16 14:57:36 CDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Steve Sandau wrote:

> We're supposed to buy Dell stuff. I think Compaq is better if one is
> *forced* to buy non-server servers.

I disagree.  Dell will bite you in the ass on "special" parts (like
drive brackets, and little OEM-invented FRUs) far less often than
HewletDECompaqard.  Compaq also likes to make lots of their own parts,
which makes compatibility a hell once Compaq thinks you need to upgrade.
Dell mainly just rebadges stuff.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren