[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun E10Kservers?]

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jul 16 10:20:05 CDT 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 10:29:30 -0400 (EDT)
adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker) wrote:

> "From: Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
> "Tried that one, still no good.  The answer is a bigger UPS, pretty
> simple. "However, it's tough to get money for those types of things around
> here.
>
> you could put a delay in starting the db...  the trick would be
> figuring out a way to key it only to cold boots.

But, if I enabled the situation, when would anyone realize that an *actual*
fix was needed?  ;-)

I fixed the issue (kindof) by putting that server one it's own UPS and only
running 2 power supplies.  Yes, that defeats the purpose of having 4 power
supplies, but at least it doesn't imbalance the UPS anymore.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."