[rescue] dealing with node-locked software on sun4m

Curtis H. Wilbar Jr. rescue at hawkmountain.net
Tue Jul 15 23:13:13 CDT 2003

Write down your ethernet address and hostid !

If your NVRAM ever goes, or the sparc does, you can reprogram a new NRAM
or the one in the replacement SS10 (or you can swap the NVRAM from the
"dead" system into the replacement (provided your NRAM is still good)).

The NVRAM FAQ is on squirrel.com.

-- Curt