[rescue] Look who's a slashdot weenie!

Phil Schilling phils at gcstech.net
Tue Jul 15 00:47:45 CDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:16:30 -0400
Al Potter <apotter at spankingnuns.com> wrote:

> They do settle down when they join the church, usually about the same time
> they get married.  But up till then, watch out.

We have a branch that moved on from the east into northeast iowa and renamed themselves Smithites.[0]  My evil ex came from such a family.  What occurs in the Smithites is they are so overly controlled as children that when they get some freedom as young adults (17-19) they just go nuts, drugs, alcohol, sex, whatever.  Many appear to come back to the religion when they marry.  Somewhat weird. btw my evil ex never came back to the fold

[0]named after the rebel menonite that brought them farther west.

Phil