[rescue] Look who's a slashdot weenie!

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Tue Jul 15 15:34:07 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, July 15, 2003, at 07:41 AM, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 12:14:52AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo
> +1.717.201.3366 wrote:
>
>> Same thing on the Mennonite side during teens and early twenties.
>> They usually settle down once they get married though.
>
> It seems far more common among the Amish than it does among the
> Mennonites, based on talking to police and people who are now Mennonite
> but used to be Amish.

My dad was Amish, his side of the family is all 'liberal' Amish
(they speak English, etc., unlike conservative Amish).

Until you are baptized (around 16 yo) in the Amish church, most
folks won't say much to you about how you act.  My understanding
is, these days, there's a lot of young people leaving the church
as they get a taste of "Yankee" life (non-Amish were referred to
as "Yankees" in the part of Ohio where I grew up and where my
dad's family lives.)

=Nadine=