[rescue] Anyone running Netscape 7 browser on their SPARCs?

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Jul 15 11:29:35 CDT 2003

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

> > four hours to do a kernel + userland build of OpenBSD.  The
> > SPARCstation LX I have at home does it in about four -DAYS-.
>
>    Are you running that machine with a kernel & libraries built with
> SPARC v8 instruction set support?  That *drastically* speeds up a
> machine.

I wasn't initially, and the wait of doing it once didnt lend itself to
my rebuilding the kernel and userland with the optimized environment.
I'll try it again the next time I'm bored to tears.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren