[rescue] Look who's a slashdot weenie!

Joshua D. Boyd jdboyd at celestrion.celestrion.net
Tue Jul 15 09:41:49 CDT 2003

On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 12:14:52AM -0400, Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 wrote:

> Same thing on the Mennonite side during teens and early twenties.
> They usually settle down once they get married though.

It seems far more common among the Amish than it does among the
Mennonites, based on talking to police and people who are now Mennonite
but used to be Amish.

I would venture to say that at this point, the majority of Mennonites in
the county don't particularly stand out.  There are certainly some
churches that still require coverings, but I'd venture to say that the
majority of them, especially around Lancaster city, Litiz, E-Town, Mount
Joy, etc don't.  There do seem to be a fairly high concentration of
churchs that require coveringsk not just on Sundays but all the time, out
towards the New Holland area.  Younger Mennonites, given the choice,
tend to dress just like everyone else, except perhaps a hair more
conservatively.