[rescue] UPS Recommendation

Steven Hill sjh at waroffice.net
Tue Jul 15 08:54:28 CDT 2003

> My APC SmartUPS has been going strong for ten years now, and apcupsd
> supports the majority of platforms.  I can personally attest that it
> works fine on both solaris 8 and solaris 9.

APC Matrix 5000, worked fine, until the batteries exploded. (was replaced,
and as far as I know now, continues to work ok.).
APC Silcon 30kVA, runs fine, has nifty net management thingy.

All seem to play well with solaris.

--
Steven Hill

``It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed,
the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning.
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.''
				- Piter De Vries, Dune.