[rescue] UPS Recommendation

Michael Dombrowski ab1244 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 08:39:54 CDT 2003

What are the preferred UPS manufactures around here? I
have had horrible luck with the cheapo no-name vendors
(the just got up and died), and mixed luck with APC
(both of their "power strip + ups" designs failed on
me but the simple Back-UPS has been going strong.). I
need Solaris support either through native software or
open source stuff. Powerwave looks nice to me,
particularly their 5115 rackmount series, but I'm not
yet sure on Solaris support or how good the company
is.

Thanks
Mike