[rescue] Anyone running Netscape 7 browser on their SPARCs?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Tue Jul 15 08:01:34 CDT 2003

"From: Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be>
"
"On Tuesday 15 July 2003 03:05, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"> do you know how long that would take on my machine?  and i'm not at
"> all sure i have the room for all the src.
"
"A LONG time. I once compiled (or attempted to compile) Mozilla on an athlon
"800 MHz. Took nearly 3 hours. Now if you reckon that a Sparc (at least with
"GCC) will compile native code very roughly 3.5 times slower then a PC with
"the same clock speed... [1] Well, you can always try, but don't blame me if
"it takes a week :-)

and my old sparc, even with weitek, is only -80- MHz...  hence my
grumbling about pre-compiled pkgs.