[rescue] Re: Anyone running Netscape 7 browser on their SPARCs?

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Jul 15 04:32:33 CDT 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 04:23, Larry Snyder wrote:
> > Ouch.  Is there *anyone* on this list who's actually waded through
> > the list of dependencies and $crap needed to compile mozilla on
> > something like Solaris/IRIX/etc.?  I gave up each of the three times
> > I tried and fell back to "something that someone else compiled",
> > which I'm not happy about.
>
> I tried it a year or so ago on linux on an alpha.
>
> Just plain ugly.  I really don't wanna know the build environment.

It seems to me that a cvs checkout is actually easier to compile then the
tarbal they offer on their web site.

About dependencies: that's an easy one for Debian users, because We can just
run the whole thing under "auto-apt", I dunno about Solaris or Irix though.

*giggle*

--
Frank Van Damme    http://www.openstandaarden.be