[rescue] Anyone running Netscape 7 browser on their SPARCs?

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Jul 14 18:40:01 CDT 2003

"From: vance at neurotica.com
"
"On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Sandwich Maker wrote:
"
"> not 7 but mozilla 1.1, on my ss2+/s2.6.  launches so slow i wonder if my
"> system's locked up.  has ten times the rss [~35M] of ns4.79, and three
"> times the swap [~350M] of -everything-else- i have running, combined.
"
"Newer Mozilla is much faster than older Mozilla, I've found.

i'd like to find this out firsthand, but the 1.4 i downloaded from
mozilla.org was compiled for 2.6 but also for sparcv8 - and my old
sparc is only v7...