[rescue] sparc 10 crash - help needed

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jul 14 13:40:31 CDT 2003

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Sandwich Maker wrote:

> "everything halts with only the caps lock key illuminated. thus the
>
> iirc, the pattern of leds -is- a self test, and the caps-lock key
> means which stage failed.  one of the faqs at sunhelp must explain
> this.

The SPARCstation 10 Service Manual doesn't list the caps lock LED alone
as a valid result of the POST.  I'd try swapping CPU modules in case of
them went flaky.  If that doesn't work, try reseating the PROM.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren