[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jul 11 15:45:52 CDT 2003

On Friday, July 11, 2003, at 03:57 PM, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez
wrote:
>>    It's amusing...buy cheap shit hardware (and deal with the failures)
>> because they want to save every dime, but then blow tons of money on
>> bad commercial software (though I wouldn't lump AutoCAD in with this)
>> when there are free alternatives that are superior in every way.
>
> Yeah, same things were saying the minis guys two decades ago, look what
> happened to them. :)

   Umm, that has *nothing* to do with the demise of the minicomputer,
Francisco.

   On architectural matters, I'll almost always defer to your in-depth
knowledge.  But in matters of minicomputer history, I'm afraid I have
to stand my ground.

     -Dave