[rescue] ECC [was: Re: WOT: Ebay changes to IBM from Sun

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Jul 11 14:18:00 CDT 2003

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003, Dave McGuire wrote:

>    It's not you...it really *is* that difficult to use.  It's incredibly
> powerful, though.  It does no 2D stuff, though...only 3D.

Anything that can do 3D can do 2D.  That's simple mathematics.  It just
doesn't do 2D very -easily-. :)

> > but my stuff is pretty simple (floor plans, woodworking stuff).
>
>    It was written to design more complex stuff than that...things like,
> oh, TANKS.

Yeah, yeah, I know.  If the military can teach people to use that
software to design something so compliated, they probably have enough
power over the human brain to teach suits to be honest.  Either that, or
BRLCAD is one of those things that, after months of banging your head
against it, you just "get" one day.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Leave your lawsuits at home.  I have guns."
Elgin, TX          (                      --"Kountry" Mike Lundgren