[rescue] San Jose, CA, US: vaxstation/microvax/decstation/other stuff free

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Fri Jul 11 13:34:16 CDT 2003

HI folks,

If anyone's interested in rescuing some DEC gear (including some desktop
VAXstation 3100 and DECstation 5000 and a MicroVAX II deskside), drop me
an email offlist.

I'm moving this weekend, from my large apartment in Milpitas to a smaller
place in San Jose, and I will not be keeping all of my computers. I'd like
to see them go to new homes, and while I'd like to get cash or some moving
help for them, I'd also just hand them out to anyone who drops by with the
intent of giving them a good home.

I also have two SPARCstation 330 deskside VME chassis, various other Sun
gear, a quad-486 PC server, some large tower-style PC gear, and lots of
other stuff I'd rather not have to carry down the stairs. Also some
shelving suitable for heavy computers (250 pounds capacity per shelf I
think) and some housewares. There are some items (computer and
non-computer) that I'd want some money or labor for, but a lot of this I'd
just like to see go to a good home.

If you're interested in looking at (and hopefully taking) any of this
stuff, drop me a note. The stuff is near 880 and 237 in Milpitas,
California, and you would have to pick it up by the end of the day
TOMORROW or it goes into storage until I have time and energy to sort it
out and either auction or recycle it.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Novak - rnovak at indyramp.com